16 May, 2005

Barcelona

Last week saw me and Zee on a mini-break, before I jet off to the other side of the world, in Barcelona.. Have you ever been? I thoroughly recommend it as one of the top cities in the world!! Its so beautiful and arty.
This trip away was my birthday pressie off Zena ... We both paid for the flights but Zena sorted out the accomodation ... this was absolutely amazing. She had been dropping hints for months, that it was in a Pensione (a Spanish B&B and we had shared washing facilities, and also we had a double bed in our dormitory) .. to be honest, I was a little pissed off!!

Barcelona_princess_roomBarcelona_princess_our_roomAnyway when we got there I discovered she had booked us into the 4* Hotel Barcelona Princess  ...the most stunning hotel I have even had the pleasure to spend a night. We had the top floor, with a view over the Med sea..
The decor was all avant garde, and all the rooms had a these Hydra showers, which spray water at you from all directions! Even a free mini bar...



We spent the next three days wandering the sights of Barcelona, especially the Gaudi architecture. One place in particular was stunning.. The Sagridia Familia. This was Gaudi's final design, and it was started in 1895 (ish) and is not due to be finished for another 15 years.. it is this huge church, with 12 spires and a huge central spire, with a design of a forest within.. If you ever go there, ensure you visit this place!! I walked up one of the spires, and got really scared of the spiral stairs, and Zena laughed her head off me ...



We also walked down Los Ramblas, around the Gothic area and also Gracia.. Its got a lot more Gaudi architecture everywhere..



The food in Barcelona is gorgeous, and we went to some great restaurants, and also drank our fair share of Sangria and Rioja ...



All in all, a most beautiful birthday trip and definitely a city I will visit again soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment