29 March, 2008

Sicily, Italy for a week in May ‘08

So its payday, and so that I guarantee going on holiday I decided to book me and Beckys flights today..  We had already both taken the week off and had talked about going somewhere nice and hot, but also a little historical.

I had read in a magazine (which I can’t find anymore..) that Sicily was a great place to go backpacking. So I decided to do a little research. Flights with Easyjet to Palermo or Catania ?? Not when we want to go, so you have to look with the other lowcost airline .. RyanAir.

Yes, I already know its going to be a Nightmare Flight and I have heard far too many stories about them. Sometimes though I am a sucker for punishment, and also the flights were dirt cheap! £15 there and £30 return, for a total of £170 (including taxes). Now I don’t know if you knew this, but RyanAir have started charging if you want to put bags in the hold. So we are both going to have a week away with a bag each that is no bigger than 56cm x 45cm x 25cm, and weighing no more than 10kg.. going to be our little challenge! I am using OneBag for some hints and tips!
So has anyone been to Sicily before? Any recommendations? Will keep you updated with our plans…

0 comments:

Post a Comment