29 June, 2005

I Have a JOB!!

Yes at last I have a JOB!!!



Yesterday I went to see the Manager at the Hotel about the Waitering / Barman work going. He had spoken to the Restaurant Manager and he had said that there was not enough hours going... but asked me to come back in later to speak to the Restaurant Manager.



So I was back at 5pm to have a chat about some hours and the job... "Are you a morning person?" he asks.. well yes I can do mornings (those of you who know me, must have realised that its going to be hell to get up at 05:15) so he has offered me some mornings (Monday / Tuesday 06:00 - 11:00) and also some evening shifts as well (Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday 18:00 - 23:00)..



The problem is that its only 20-25 hrs per week..



Anyway this morning I get a phonecall on my mobile whilst I am on the phone to the beautiful Zena, and its the Manager at the Hotel. I phone back and tell him I will be there in an hour..



He has heard I may be interested in some Housekeeping duties as well. So I go for an interview with the Executive Housekeeper and after being asked can I keep things tidy, (of course...) and can I work quickly and to a schedule, she offers me part time work as well!!



EXCELLENT NEWS!!   So now I am working the following:



Monday 06:00 - 11:00 Waitering  11:00 - 13:00 Housekeeping



Tuesday 06:00 - 11:00 Waitering  11:00 - 13:00 Housekeeping 18:00 - 23:00 Waitering / Bar



Wednesday 09:00 - 14:00 Housekeeping  18:00 - 23:00 Waitering / Bar



Thursday 09:00 - 14:00 Housekeeping  18:00 - 23:00 Waitering / Bar



Friday Day off



Saturday 09:00 - 14:00 Housekeeping



Sunday 09:00 - 14:00 Housekeeping



all at $12 per hour --- 49 Hours per week!! I may have to change some days and reduce some hours, but I will be getting between $380 and $500 per week after tax!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness I thought you would need topping up soon. Have sent black trousers and a very smart white shirt (belongs to your dad)today let me know if you receive it soon. Can you remember seeing Olies log book for his moped we have a panic on as we have sold it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done son don't wear yourself out

    ReplyDelete